Exotic pets can make a statement about who we are and give our visitors something to talk about for years to come. Exotic pets can range from cute and cuddly to outright dangerous and this is probably what makes them so appealing. These type of exotic animals might be a rare breed, endangered animals, or even from a far off land. There are many different animals that are considered exotic such as; lizards, snakes, sugar gliders, fish, rare breeds of dogs and cats and many more. However, not all of them are suitable for a family
- Exotic breeds of fish - These make great pets for younger children or for families that don't have a whole lot of time to devote to their pet because they are easy to care for. They can be placed in a prominent part of the home as they are fun to watch and make a great talking point.
- Sugar Gliders - These friendly little creatures make great family pets for those that like to spend lots of time with their pet. They are relatively easy to care for and make great companions (they are known for riding along in your pockets)
- Lizards - Once again these make great family pets because they can be contained within a "tank" and are easy to care for. They are also very interesting to watch go about their business.
- Cats - These are better pets for families with time to care for them. There are many exotic breeds of cats to choose from.
- Dogs - Again these are for families who can handle the responsibilities of looking after a dog. There are some very exotic breeds of dogs, but be prepared to pay extra for them!
Hopefully you do not have too much difficulty choosing an exotic pet for your family.
A good way to see if the family is up to the task is to babysit a pet from someone else.