If you want to keep your pet out of particular areas in your house or yard, then any gate will serve you better in many ways for such purposes. However, the specific design and the area where you will be setting up the gate will play a huge factor.
Remember that the primary purpose of your purchase of a pet gate is creating a safe or secure environment for your beloved pet wherein it can play, roam around, wander and have space all their own. This, whether you want the gate used outdoors during sunny weather or indoors when the weather conditions is not too good.
Aside from this primary purpose, though, there are many other reasons for you to buy a pet gate. Such item is quite effective as a method to train your pet behave accordingly. The gate functions as a limitation or a barrier such that your pet will come to realize that there are territorial boundaries and theirs have a limit. Since you will not be able to train them always nor watch them at all times, then the gate becomes your effective remedy for the times when you are not around to remind your pet about its territorial limits.
Of course, pet gates have other purposes aside from those general ones, as mentioned already. Here are some of the reasons why buying such item for your pet can be valuable:
1. Protects your pet from the areas in your yard or house that may be dangerous for them and inflict harm upon them. Your pet might encounter dangerous items in your own home. They might also get into something or break some things that may harm them afterwards. You need to protect them from certain things in your house like lamps, glassware, chemicals, among many others.
Remember that we may not be there always to keep them safe from whatever their animal instincts may get them to do.
2. By blocking off your pet's access to several areas of your house or room, you effectively train them in learning the limits and boundaries they can access.
3. If you have children in the house, having a pet gate keeps them safe from unexpected mishaps that could happen with a pet around. Sometimes, the sheer exuberance of pets around children causes them to overpower and knock over a child. Without really meaning it, they may cause a child to trip and fall then hurt them also in the process. Pets can be quite sensitive and even innocent tugs on their fur can cause one to nip. Having a gate is the best solution.
4. Having a pet gate is the best way to prevent or restrain your pet from jumping onto something. It should be strong and tall enough to stop them when they have the urge to leap over. Do not worry, pet gates are meant to withstand pressure.
5. You do not need to get your pet shut out from the activities that are going on in your house. The gate is designed to contain them but they still can see and even participate in what is going on in other parts or areas of your house.
There are quite a lot more reasons to have a pet gate. It can be a great helping to getting you and your pet become much closer than you are already.