Similar to human beings, there are many homeless pets luring the streets of cities across the world. They have no where to rest, find clean water nor eat a good, nurturing meal. There are individuals who would save every animal on this earth, but we all know that is impossible.
Charities, such as PetsMart Charities, have made it their mission to find a lifelong, loving home for every homeless pet. They aspire to improve the quality for all pets by creating and supporting programs that save the lives of homeless pets and promote healthy relationships between people and pets.
According to PetSmart Charities' website, they try to maintain their initial vision by doing the following:
• Funding new and collaborative programs that save the lives of homeless pets
• Joining forces with thousands of animal-welfare agencies across the U.S. and Canada to create innovative animal-welfare solutions that we share with other animal-welfare organizations
• Providing immediately needed emergency relief, for both natural and man-made disasters
• Granting adoption rewards funding to animal-welfare Adoption Partners that participate in PetSmart Charities® Adoption Centers
• Lifting awareness of companion animal-welfare issues
• Promoting healthy and happy relationships between people and pets
• Conducting customer and associate fundraising programs, such as pin pad donations in PetSmart® stores and P.A.U.S.E. (PetSmart Associates United to Stop Euthanasia)
Want to help a homeless pet? PetSmart is giving you the opportunity to save a life this holiday season by adopting a pet during the PetSmart Charities Holiday National Adoption Weekend.